Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Great Salsa Purge of 2011--by Kathy

Hello again faithful readers!

Last week I pulled a bottle of beer out of the back of the fridge and there was a sticky red residue around the top.  Totally gross.  I couldn't figure out what it was, but Erica quickly surmised that it had come from a salsa jar that had tipped over on the shelf above it.  Upon further investigation I discovered that exactly 68% of our fridge space was occupied by jars of salsa.  Which is remarkable since Erica doesn't even like/purchase salsa.  I warned my roommates to mark the jars they wanted and to be prepared for the rest to disappear.

Here is all the unwanted/unclaimed salsa I found (backlit for effect):


It was quite the haul.  Being environmentally conscious I wasn't about to throw all those jars in the trash so I poured/scooped all the salsa into a gallon-sized Ziploc bag.  I took a picture:


Now I feared what I would find in those jars as we have had some pretty intense mold moments at our house.  But the scariest bit was this jar:


That, my friends, is an enormous snowball.  Hopefully Gwen wasn't saving it for a summer prank and forgot to mark the jar.  Because that baby went in the Ziploc bag as well.

Our fridge is now remarkably empty.  Just in time for Summer Shandy season!



1 comment: