Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Food Free Post--by Laura

Cooking and talking about food are not the only talents we have.  We are also good at finishing other people's artwork.  For example, paint-by-numbers.  Kathy and I recently did Wolf paintings.  They are beautiful as you can see.  (Feel free to praise us).  Mine is the brown one.  Wolves are awesome by the way.  An online quiz once told me that my patronus is a wolf.  So.

 
 
I am currently working on a Panda paint-by-number.  But honestly, don't get me started on pandas.  I will post a picture when I'm done with it but I am working on it about as fast as a panda eats bamboo so it's gonna be a while.  I also have other projects to work on so I may "pull a panda" and abandon this one.
 
I also discovered the rare art of gold foil.  Gold foiling?  Or something.  Basically you get a picture that is black with some green markings on it.  Then you scratch off the green to reveal the gold underneath.  These pictures come in a variety of pictures including dolphins, unicorns, and other Lisa Frank-esque animals.  I went with an owl picture.  It turned out quite well.  Of course it was the easiest thing I have ever done so it would have been difficult to have it turn out poorly.
 
There it is.  Lovely.
If you are looking for quick and easy project I recommend you do the gold thing.  It only took me a couple episodes of "Wizards of Waverly Place" and half of "City Slickers" to finish. 
Who needs original art when you have such exquisite substitutes?

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, wolves are amazing - your painting is gorgeous. I would commission another work of art, but you would totally "panda" it. True story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another true story: I have commissioned two Laura Scott originals...haven't seen a thing yet. She totally panda-ed it.

    Ah, crafting whilst watching City Slickers. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw, i love wizards of waverly place...totally a fan of Selena Gomez.

    ReplyDelete