Saturday, February 19, 2011

Gluten Free Stuffing- Laura Style

My sister has Celiac disease so she can't have any gluten. Lame. For Thanksgiving I decided to make a Gluten Free (GF) stuffing that she could eat because I am the best sister ever.  I don't remember three minutes ago much less three months ago but I think I can give the basics of this recipe.  Here goes...
The night before Thanksgiving I made the croutons. I bought two loaves of really expensive GF bread, cut it in cubes, sprinkled with oil, parsley, and other seasonings, and broiled it until crunchy.  You could do this the same day I guess but you will probably be too busy stirring gravy and mashing potatoes Thursday morning so you should do as much as possible the day before. 
Thursday morning I sauted mushrooms, onions, and celery in oil, with garlic I'm sure.  Then I mixed the veggies in with the croutons and some Swanson's broth.  Swanson's is GF.  Then I baked it for a while.  It was really awesome.  I wonder what herbs I used....thyme?  Maybe.  Whatever, it was super good. 
Obviously the reason I am posting this recipe is because of the amazing picture I took of it.  Look at this picture, it's like something out of m-er f-ing Martha Stewart magazine.
Notice how the light hits the dish as if God is looking down on our meal and wishing He was there.
Look at the beautiful green bean hotdish too.
  And the mashed potatoes...
Thanksgiving is the best holiday ever.  Eating.  That's all.

3 comments:

  1. This was an AMAZING post, and I certainly wish I was at that Thanksgiving meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome picture. Are you sure I didn't take it? Yes it was vert tasty and now you will have to make it every year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the GF post Lu - the stuffing was delish and you are a wonderful sister. You make me laugh, I LOVE this blog!

    ReplyDelete